One factor that drives the maximum audience towards your virtual event is the speakers and experts you are inviting to your virtual event. The names you pick for your event become the face of the event, and most of the time, these factors help you get the audience’s attention.
But, how do you approach and convince someone to speak at your virtual event; of course, there are agencies, but what is the right way to approach a celebrity or a keynote speaker to interact with your audience? Let us find out in this blog.
Here, we will be sharing with you a detailed guide on how you can approach keynote speakers for your virtual event.
The first thing you need to do while looking out for event speakers is starting your search early. The last two years have seen a major jump in the number of events, especially, virtual events. Hence, there are many other event organizers who would approach speakers for their events. And we believe that the last thing you would want is to get late and end up having no big name at your event. The fact that the speakers would agree to be a part of the virtual event is due to the advantages they come with. Virtual setups don’t require the speakers to travel to be a part of the event. Not only this, you can spend on high-quality speakers. It is because hosting events on an economical virtual event platform will help you save a huge amount of money.
Apart from that, attending an in-person event requires you to spend time and manage your schedule. Moreover, it doesn’t allow you to be present at two places at one given time. But, in the case of virtual events, the speakers need to manage their schedule a bit. And they can also join the event when it’s their time to speak. This factor comes as an advantage for virtual event organizers.
Filter Your Options:
If the audience feels your speaker is worth it, they won’t mind waiting for them to arrive; it won’t matter even if they are late. But, how do you decide if they are worth it? There are a few factors that you should consider while looking out for the best choice for your event. Some of those factors are:
- You should keep in mind your target audience while you are looking for speakers for your virtual event. Know what kind of speakers they would like to listen to, and then filter out the options.
- The theme of your virtual event is the next factor you should consider while looking for speakers for your virtual event.
- Not only this, you should consider their communication and speaking skills while looking out for a name for your virtual event.
- Talking of the factors, don’t forget your budget while doing the same.
Stay on the Same Page:
The next thing you should do while looking out for the speakers at your virtual event is make sure that you and your potential speakers are on the same page. And you can do that by asking them questions. You can prepare a full-fledged questionnaire. Send it across to understand if the speakers you are targeting want the same thing from your virtual event.
- Ask them if they are available on the dates of your virtual event? Make sure they commit to being there and make it to the event.
- The next thing you should ask them if they are satisfied with the event’s subject and the kind of content they will deliver around the topic.
- Inform them about the number of attendees you are targeting; also, the strategy you followed, and reason you targeted this particular audience group.
- In addition, be clear about the fees and charges. Inform them if you will be able to pay them anything, or want them to speak for you free of cost.
- Please specify the next steps, what you are expecting them to do, and how you will move ahead.
Reach Out to Your Potential Speakers:
In this step, you are required to reach out to the speakers you want to be a part of your virtual event. There are various ways for the same; you can use the power of social media. Apart from it, you can also get in touch with an agency. Not only this, you can ask for a referral within your network. The idea is to get in touch with the speakers you wish to speak with at your upcoming event.
Spread The Word About Your Speakers:
Now that you have finalized the speakers for your virtual event, it’s time to let the world know about the same. Take it to your social media and event website to update the audience with the same. Not only this but once the audience knows about it, make sure you prepare hard enough to deliver an ever-lasting impression on your attendees.
Approaching a speaker and convincing them to speak at your event is not an easy task. This process takes time, and one thing you need to have while beginning the journey is patience and multiple options. We hope this guide helped you understand the entire process and factors that one needs when they are approaching speakers for their event. So, the next time you are planning an online event, make sure you go through this guide once; it will make things easier for you.